If you are applying for a student visa, we assure you that we provide the most efficient and fast visa processing turnaround time.
Stage 1- Visa Application
When accepting the offer to study at Sheffield please submit the following documents to us:
- Student Application Form
- 1 scanned colour copy of student’s passport (ALL Pages including the blank pages). Passport must be valid at least 18 months from the expected date of entry. It must NOT contain information of any dependent(s) / family members.
- A copy of student's passport-sized photographs (light blue background)
- 1 copy of academic certificates (original and translated where applicable and must be certified True Copies)
- Medical Screening Test in EMGS form (download here)
- Application Fee/ Deposit
On receipt of the above documents Sheffield will file your student visa application with the Immigration Department. You can check on the process of your application by visiting EMGS website
Stage 2- Approval process & Single Entry Visa
- When your visa is approved, Sheffield will receive the “Visa Approval Letter” from the Malaysian Immigration Department, an e-mail containing the attached letter will be sent. Hard copy of the letter is provided upon request.
- Please take the “Visa Approval Letter” together with the offer letter and your passport to the nearest Malaysian Embassy to apply for a Single Entry Visa (SEV). You will not be able to process your visa endorsement without a Single Entry Visa (SEV).
Once you arrive in Malaysia, you are required to hand over your passport to our visa department. We will then apply to the Malaysian Immigration Department to place the student visa sticker on the passport for a multi entry visa.